This update is straight from our staff in Guatemala!
Project/Programs Currently Running:
- Round tables with Guatemala Próspera
- Organizational Strengthening
Latest update for the community as a whole:
1) Round Tables with Guatemala Próspera, this is a 30 week program, following John C. Maxwell’s book “La transformacion está en Mi”. This discipleship program wants to look for values in leaders and decision-makers in our communities. Leaders from La Nueva Independencia will be part of the first workshop September the 25th so later they can do round tables with 5 more people from their community so the impact will be bigger.
For more than two years, 410 bridge has been working alongside community leaders such as pastors, authorities, catholic leaders, and women representative from La Nueva Independencia. By strengthening them socially, organizationally, and spiritually we hope they can work on their own development and succeed as a community.
Biggest challenge the community is facing, if any?
There are a lot of improvements that need to be done in order to provide high quality education and health. The authorities of Guatemala have abandoned these communities, so there is a big need to work closely with the communities to empower and encourage them.
How can we be praying for the community?
- Pray for the community leaders to be wise at making decisions
- Pray for the population of La Nueva Independencia, for their health and their wellness